Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a popular travel destination, located in Quang Ninh province, Vietnam. Halong translates as ‘where the dragon descends into the sea’, and legend claims the islands of Halong Bay were created by a great dragon from the mountains. One of the great natural wonders of Asia, Halong Bay is the single most popular side trip from Hanoi. The beauty of the bay and its 3000 islands is so awesome that an excursion there should be considered an essential part of any visit to Northern Vietnam. A one or two days trip also makes a delightful and inexpensive romantic getaway if you meet someone special.
- Personal attention to detail by all HGH from the time of your initial enquiry through to the end of your tour
- 24 hour support available during the tour
- Enjoy the degree of historical and cultural information throughout your tour from our local and knowledgeable tour hosts to the degree that you and your group are interested
- We focus on sustainable tourism by creating the very best experience for you as the tourist while supporting our local environment and local people
- 08:00 – 08:30, Pick up at hotel for three and a half hours road trip with short refreshment on half way to Halong Bay.
- 12:00 Arrive at Bai Chay Wharf
- 12:15 Transfer by tender to the Marguerite Junk boat – enjoy Welcome Drink. Receive Junk Facilities and Cruise Instruction as well as Cruise Briefing before check in to cabins and begin cruise Off the Beaten Track.
- 13:00 Lunch - deluxe Vietnamese Set Menu.
15:00 Arrive at the Surprise Cave area. Transfer by tender to the Surprise Cave.
Walk up the 100 steps to the entrance of the cave and tour on foot for approximately 45 minutes.
- 16:00 Return to the boat. Enjoy kayaking program to the nearby Cave, lagoon and surrounding waters as well as exploring the daily life of the local people in floating village
- 17:00 Enjoy swimming or relaxing on board.
- 18:30 Take part in our cooking class with crispy spring rolls
- 19:30 Dinner - deluxe Vietnamese Set Menu Dinner.
- 20:30 Evening activities include: film entertainment in the dining room, board games and playing cards are available, squid fishing from the boat with our crew.
- 23:00 End of program for Day One.
- 07:00 Coffee, tea and light breakfast pastries served in the dining room.
- 8:00 Enjoy riding on the rowing boat to the tunnel cave
- 9:00 Check-out of cabins. Enjoy relaxing, sunbathing on sundeck while our boat cruise back on different route.
- 10:45 Enjoy lunch Set Menu served in the dining room while enjoy the bay scenery as we approach the pier (passing Fight Cocks, Incense Burner, Stone Dog).
- 12:00 Transfer by tender to the pier, relax inside the pier building while waiting for return transportation.
- 12:20 Transfer back to Hanoi. You will arrive in Hanoi approximately at 16:30.