Ut Trinh home-stay located on An Binh Island (Long Ho District – Vinh Long province).
Mr. Binh got inherited a traditional house from his parents and now living there with wife, a son at 9 yrs and 4 yrs daughter. They started to received guests staying at their home few years ago and it is the best chance to get very closed view of local people in the Delta, to understand more about their lives who live along with water with canals, rivers around and rich soil which known as one of Vietnam's highest producer of rice crops, vegetables and fruits. Such natural favors makes people kindly hearted…
Homestay activities in Mekong Delta
- Biking, walking
- Homestay Cooking activities
- Rice harvesting, fruit picking
- Floating market
- Sampan Ride along the winding canals
- Bridge building, home repair (optional)
- A difference itself
- Staying at traditional house - Learn Vietnamese traditions and Delta customs. Sometimes three generations of one family reside in a single home so you will involve with their daily work. And at night time, you could accompany with them to go fishing on sampan.
- Delta Cruise
Sampan Ride along the winding canals that comprise much of the area of lush, tropical and fertile lands. This is very unique to view and understand local live. You will be on your private boat cruising amongst sellers/buyers, cottage industries and orchards which are so significant to the people here. Besides, you could bike or walk around the village. You might encounter school children always at big smiles to say ”hello” as you pass by them.
- Local Entertainment
During your trip, be entertained by boys and girls singing traditional Vietnamese folk songs, which distortion music form Royal court in Hue. It was eventually developed to modern theater which was very popular among southerners during the early of 20th century.